Saturday, October 24, 2009

Vista Ultimate host web site?

I am trying to host a site on my computer with vista ultimate. I can run my site locally but I am not able to access it from the internet. I can run this site from my xp pro machine but that is my laptop, so that%26#039;s really not an option.



I guess my problem is that I do not know how to allow access from the internet, to my vista machine.



Any ideas?



Vista Ultimate host web site?





As far as I can tell, this isn%26#039;t a vista issue - it%26#039;s a router issue. The reason I say this is the fact that it works on your home network, but not through the %26#039;net. You need to have port forwarding for port 80 enabled on your router and forwarding to your vista machine%26#039;s local IP address (you can find this the same way as in XP - press windows key+R type %26quot;cmd%26quot; without the quotes, hit enter, type %26quot;ipconfig%26quot; without quotes, hit enter, and there you go).



Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive