Friday, October 30, 2009

How do I setup my own web server to host my own website?

I have a website that I was planning on hosting from my own web server, and I needed help setting that up.



How do i start my own web server (hardware %26amp; software), and have that up and running to serve my site?



How do I setup my own web server to host my own website?





LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).



You%26#039;ll get all four at once with most Linux distributions. Have a look at OpenSUSE and Ubuntu.



BUT... unless your ISP specifically allows you to run a server, don%26#039;t do it, unless you want your account suspended. Most plans specifically prohibit you from running a server. Look at the fine print in your contract.



Unless, of course, you%26#039;re only interested in serving files to other computers on your LAN, or for testing purposes.



How do I setup my own web server to host my own website?



Try Apache server and you could host website on your computer.



But if you create website and if you like to run your website 24/7 from your computer, you will have to switch on your computer all the time and it may damage your computer in the long run.



I would like to suggest following webhosting which I use, they are excellent.



Hostmonster http://www.hostmonster.com/track/ryukend...



They offer hosting of %26quot;unlimited domains%26quot; and you will get massive webspace of 1500000 MB (1500 GB ). They only charge $5.95/month and they offer %26quot;a free Domain Name%26quot; and installing service called %26quot;Fantastico%26quot;. By using Fantastico, you could create own forum, photo gallery, shopping cart (e-commerce),your own auction site and your own blogs within few seconds. They also offer %26quot;Free Website Builder%26quot; as well.



Visit the site to check details.



Hostmonster http://www.hostmonster.com/track/ryukend...



More the list of BEST WEB HOSTING sites visit



http://www.nicewebhosts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive